Previously Fresh Beginnings With Juicing

Good To See You! Fresh Beginnings With Juicing is now The Daily Juicer!

Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Keep It Moving!

I got a little excited when someone showed me the app they downloaded on their phone to measure the amount of walking they do.  Of course I immediately looked up the App store on my Droid and found quite a few FREE apps - But to be honest, I don't carry my phone in MY POCKET or on a BELT Clip - I tried that a long time ago, but it just doesn't work for me.  So, my phone is either in my pocket book or on my desk.

Soooooo, today I went to the big box store and got myself a New Balance Via Mini Sports Pedometer. This little guy has a little clip so you can clip it on your belt, but I just put it in my pocket.  It calculates the number of steps I've walked, number of calories burned, Distance walked, and Time spent walking.   This was under $15.00 -  They had another one that had a USB plug on it so you could download the daily totals to your computer - But I figured I can just do that on a spreadsheet.   Initially I just wanted to see how much I'm walking during a normal day - then with all the added features I thought why not create a little spread sheet and keep a daily record of what I'm doing.  This will give me some added motivation to keep my butt moving!

I said last week that I (we) were going to be doing a 5 day Juice Reboot starting on June 25th.  Well, I decided that because I'm doing so well Juicing in the morning and afternoons and eating plant based foods at night, that instead of Juicing 100% for the 5 days, I would Juice morning and afternoon (Green Juice primarily) and in the evenings have just vegetables (leaving out the Grains, nuts, seeds, legumes).  So that is what we are doing.  Come Saturday I will add back in the Grains...   And I also check the BMI Index again and after measuring my height I actually have 10 more pounds to loose - not the 5 I had thought.  I have really been holding firm at 140 not moving up or down.  It will be interesting to see if I drop any pounds this week leaving out the Grains...  Tonight for dinner we had BBQ corn on the cob, BBQ Portabella mushrooms with grilled tomatoe and onions, with steamed squash and full featured salad! I'm in heaven! I completely forgot to take a photo of it - Trust Me It Was Delicious!

And I also bought a couple of  the Brita Water Bottles which have the Brita Filters (which you can replace).  I don't drink enough water - I just don't understand why it's such a hard thing for me to do.  Initially when I started - I was doing really great with the water, but then I just forget about it.  The water where I live is horrible as they chlorinate the lines.   I have a Brita Filter in the Refrigerator and one on my faucet -  I thought perhaps if I use this, I'll be more inclined to keep them filled and keep refilling - thus drink more -  We'll see how it goes.

Well, time to hit the pillow - gonna see how the Pedometer works on the Treadmill first thing tomorrow! Happy Juicing.    Hey if you are out there and are reading my posts, I'd love to hear how your own journey is going, please feel free to post a comment below!  

No comments:

Post a Comment