Previously Fresh Beginnings With Juicing

Good To See You! Fresh Beginnings With Juicing is now The Daily Juicer!

Friday, April 26, 2013

Very Berry Nib Smoothie

I'm of the belief that everyone likes sweet things occassionally. (at least I think we do).

 I'm so delighted by the incredible things you can whip up at home with the Blender and Fresh Fruit.  I've been buying Banana's and cutting them up and freezing them. So when I make a Smoothie or Banana Ice Cream, I don't need ice.

Today I made what I call  "Very Berry Nib Smoothie" -  This is so delightful - however now that I've made it and looked up the calories - I guess I'll only be making this on special occasions!  

This will make about 24 ounces .-  I use the Vita Mix - but any high RPM blender will work.

2 Frozen Banana's (or use fresh ones- if you use fresh ones then add ice) 180 calories
Handful of Strawberries - 32 calories
Handful of Blueberries -82 calories
1/2 cup of Coconut Milk -40 calories
1/2 cup of Coconut Water -23 calories
1 Teaspoon of Cocoa Nibs - 27 calories
Pinch of Coconut Shavings- (you figure this out there are 33 calories in a tablespoon so a pinch is?)

Put in blender and blend on high for about 30 seconds or until completely blended.
Nice and refreshing (will make a great summer treat) And the Cocoa Nibs gives a nice little crunch.

This receipe makes 2 servings. Total calories about 399 - Reduce the calories and share it with friends!

Enjoy - And have you heard about Cocoa being a superfood?  Listen to David Wolfe on the subject.


Then there are those who argue the Cocoa story from OKRAW, so you'll have to make up your own mind!

1 comment: