Previously Fresh Beginnings With Juicing

Good To See You! Fresh Beginnings With Juicing is now The Daily Juicer!

Wednesday, February 1, 2012

How Much Juice/Fluids Should I Consume?


So, we are going to be "drinking" our meals for the most part for 15 days, but how much should we consume?

This is from the http://www.jointhereboot.com/          FAQ page  -

 "...Plan to drink about 16-32 ounces of fresh juice daily in addition to eating fruits and vegetables. You will need to add extra fluid to meet your hydration needs. Anything without caffeine or alcohol counts as hydrating fluid so in addition to the fresh juice you can consider adding herbal teas, ginger root with lemon tea, filtered water or coconut water. For most, it is advised to add 32-40 ounces of fluid beyond the fresh juice you are drinking. In total, you want to drink approximately 64-72 ounces of fluid per day. If there are days when you are just juicing (not eating fruits and veggies too), plan to drink about 4-5, 16 ounce juices and add approximately 16-24 ounces of additional fluids."

Also splitting up your juicing between Vegetables (80%) and Fruits (20%) 
I understand people vary how they apply the 80/20 guideline -  Say out of 4 drinks for the day you do 3 all veggie drinks and 1 fruit drink -  Or perhaps do the breakout in the drink itself,  80% veggies and 20% fruit.    
I need to work on this, as like this morning I did kinda a 50/50 with my Vitimin C Zing - 1 Carrot, 1/2 Bell Pepper, 1 Stalk of Celery and 2 Apples and a Lemon. (I left the rind on).  It tasted incredible and definitely made me feel good and full. 

Also starting out, I think more veggies is the way I'll go.  I HATE KALE, SPINACH, RADISH, LIMA BEANS, BRUSSELS SPROUTS.  I love everything else in the Veggie world.  

But,  I do have to say however, that the little bit of Juicing I've done so far in the last day with the Kale and Spinach (mixed with the cucumber, apple, lemon, celery and ginger) is Great -  I couldn't really taste the KALE or SPINACH and I've heard some people say that this particular drink tastes like "grass" or "dirt" - I don't think so at all!. 

Well, it's off to have a dinner with Bruce - Remember we winding our way down from the Meats/dairy and other stuff this week - I'll probably have some pasta, as this will be one of the items I crave most while on the 15 day reboot -

No comments:

Post a Comment