Previously Fresh Beginnings With Juicing

Good To See You! Fresh Beginnings With Juicing is now The Daily Juicer!

Wednesday, February 1, 2012

How Easy Is That Juicer to Use and Clean

Several people have asked how easy the Juicer is to clean up and assemble. First as I mentioned I bought the Cuisinart Juice Extractor CJE-1000.  After using it a couple of times, it's pretty easy to both clean and assemble.  I've heard some people suggest that you put a plastic bag in the Pulp collector so you can just pull it out and dispose of the pulp afterward.  After a couple clean ups I think I'll give that a try next time.

But for the most part, the pieces come apart easily enough, and if you clean immediatly after juicing are easy to clean. With only 7 pieces that to clean on my juicer, it takes less than 5 minutes.

Where I need to find a better solution is the left over pulp that is rinsed offed into the sink. The left over pulp is so fine that it fills up the drain strainer I have in place (to keep foods from going down the drain and into the septic system) and slows down the sink from draining.   I have to scoop out the strainer so the sink will drain and because it's so fine I have to wait until it actually settles in the strainer.   But other than that part of the cleanup, overall it's fairly quick and easy -  This morning I made a Vitamin C Zing and was going to make the Mean Green Juice immediately afterwards to take to work, so I did a little video demonstration for your viewing pleasure. 

No comments:

Post a Comment